Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dear Santa

Every year in the local paper we print Letters to Santa. This year we had many touching letters come in that many of us cried when we read them. One in particular caught the eye of one of our readers.

Mary of Wyoming read her paper today and thought that this one, written by 11 year old Kendall was so exceptional she decided she must do something for this little girl.

Kendall's letter to Santa:

Dear Santa,

Hello, I'm Kendall M and I am 11 years old. For Christmas I want my dog, Buddie, at the North Lakes Adoption Center to be ok. We had to put her up for adoption. And I want everyone in my family to be ok too. Especially my Grandma Dayle, she buys me everything and I love her much. And I want you and Mrs. Claus to have a wonderful Christmas. Guess what- I saw you and Mrs. Claus on Comedy Central the other day. And I want my Great Grandma Bernie in her nursing home to be better, she's dying. Well have a great Christmas.

Love Kendall M

So Mary came into the office today with a heartwarming letter and a monetary gift for this dear child as she had acted so unselfishly only asking Santa for gifts for others.

I want to send a big thank you to Mary for acting, like so many of us should but don't, to go out of your way to bring joy to someone this year.

No comments: