Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Friday

Are you having a summer like me where you think it was just Memorial Day and now here we are halfway through July already? My lists for the farm are growing faster than they are getting done and now I am starting to think about school clothes shopping. Ugh!



However I do enjoy Fridays. Dress codes are relaxed, people are in good moods as the weekend approaches. I will not be at the market tomorrow as I have so much to do to get ready for the Ma's Farm Festival. I was excited to hear that my good friend Babs at Mugwort Maggies Apothecary will also be a vendor there. Two farmgirls hanging out all day! So I look forward to a weekend of soap making and creativity.



To me, making soap or sewing an apron, doing some stitch work or baking a loaf of bread is the biggest creative outlet for me. I spent 20 years teaching pre-schoolers, mostly 3-4 year olds and loved it. Cutting pasting, creating that was my favorite. So now as I have my own shop I can again let the creative juices flow.



Its been a joy to see my own daughter with such creative talent. Her artwork in both watercolors and oils has been received quite well. She loves to paint and that was supported by the wonderful teacher she had in high school. With the right encouragement she has blossomed into quite an artist. I am hoping as she goes off to college this fall she continues to learn more in the field of art. Look for some of her pieces to be up for sale on my website soon!



I hope to see many of you at the Ma's Farm Festival on July 22nd where a portion of my sales will be donated to the festival. For those of you who cannot make it, starting tomorrow through the 23rd I am going to give $1.00 from every item sold toward this worthy cause. So now is the time to stock up on your favorites! If you don't see what you are looking for on my website (I am curently adding my newest items) then just shoot me an email and I will make sure you get what you need. Or you can call the customer service line if you have any questions.



Don't forget to sign up for my Giveaway! Monday is the dealine!

No comments: