Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Website Changes

Over the next few days you will notice big changes on my website. The first was to add this blog. My goal is to make the webstore and farm more user friendly and bring a part of the farm to each of you. I spent 15 years on a farm, with cows and chickens, large gardens and numerous fruit trees. But as old farm houses can do, I got burnt out. Winters with little insulation and chopping wood daily, appliances breaking all the time and just the work it took to keep a place that size running took its toll. So we sold the farm and bought a nice new house in town with neighbors right outside our window and a huge 50 by 50 backyard for the kids to try and play in. Well, as you can see it wasn't for us. Mind you it was a beautiful home but it just wasn't our home. So after much searching, I found this new farm. It happened not long after Labor Day of 2005. I had been sitting at Barnes & Noble reading a great new book by MaryJane Butters MaryJane’s Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook - For the Farmgirl in All of Us and thats when it all came together. I took one look at the farm and immediately put an offer on it and I guess the rest is history. So as we become farmers again, I want to share with you what we are doing on the farm.

the first project is our farmhouse makeover. I will take many before, in progress and after pictures. I will show materials purchased, cost and suppliers. I hope it will give you ideas that you can use for your own home makeovers.



Other changes will be new products for both the Bathworks and Farmhouse Kitchen. I will also be adding samples to my shop. These little goodies make wonderful travel packs for short trips as well as giving you the opportunity to try different items and new scents.



Thanks for stopping in and seeing what we are up to. Tomorrow look for a new recipe and a Farmhouse Kitchen Giveaway!

No comments: